By Dr. Anu Goyal,Ayurveda
Impotence, commonly referred to as erectile dysfunction occurs when a man isn’t able to get an erection or maintain one during sexual intercourse. The erection is a result of physical and mental stimulation. Owing to various factors, one might be suffering from erectile dysfunction.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction:
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland)
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Side effects of certain medications
- Hormonal problems
- Kidney failure
- Chronic distress
- Lifestyle: Smoking and alcoholism
Ayurveda is often considered to be an effective treatment for erectile dysfunction as certain remedies can cure it. Listed below are a few Ayurvedic remedies that can help in curing impotence:
- Boil drumstick flowers in warm milk and consume it twice a day. This preparation can help in curing impotence in one month.
- Saw palmetto can prove to be an effective herb which aims at increasing libido in men and improving penile function. It also helps one sustain erection for a longer period of time.
- Pomegranate juice is loaded with antioxidants and can help in increasing the blood flow to your genitals. This might prove to be useful in increasing your sex drive.
- Jeera powder, which is packed with zinc and potassium, mixed with warm water can be used as a remedy for impotence. This mixture increases the blood flow to your genitals, thus, helping you get and maintain an erection.
- A particular herb known as Ashwagandha can help in restoring one’s libido. This herb also helps in maintaining an erection for a longer time.
- A concoction of ginger paste and honey in warm water consumed twice in a day can prove to be effective in curing impotence.
- A herb known as Ginkgo biloba aims at improving blood flow to the penile tissues and getting rid of erectile dysfunction.