By Dr. Paresh J Thakkar, Ayurveda
Jaundice is a disease of the liver that can affect people of all ages. It is characterized by a yellow colour of the eyeballs, skin and bodily liquids like urine. In some extreme cases, these may even turn brown. It is caused chiefly by liver malfunction, which results in non-removal of bilirubin (a waste product) from the body. Jaundice may also indicate a serious problem with the function of the liver, pancreas or gallbladder.
Types of jaundice:
Jaundice can be of three distinct types, all formed due to different underlying causes. They are:
• Hepatocellular: This type occurs due to traumatic injury to the liver cells and tissues, or certain diseases of the liver.
• Hemolytic: This type is caused by an unusually fast breakdown of red blood cells, leading to the production of abnormally high levels of bilirubin.
• Obstructive: This type of jaundice occurs when your bile duct is suffering from a blockage. Due to the blockage, bilirubin is unable to leave the duct and hence the liver, and starts accumulating.
Symptoms of jaundice:
Jaundice exhibits various symptoms in a person. Some of those are:
• A yellowish hue to the skin, eyeballs, the whole body, typically from the head downward
• Stool that is of a diluted colour in comparison to the normal
• Darkish urine colour
• Pain in the abdominal region, exhaustion and fatigue when carrying about trivial daily activities
• A feeling of intense itchiness
• Weight loss
Ayurvedic treatments for jaundice:
While various schools of medicine constantly come up with cures for jaundice, none of them is quite as effective as Ayurveda, the oldest medication system devised in India. You should immediately consult an Ayurved expert to get the problem rooted out at the earliest.
Advantages of Ayurvedic treatment for jaundice:
Ayurvedic treatment of jaundice is better than conventional modes significantly because:
• It takes a holistic approach to treatment and heals diseases beyond jaundice. It also advocates a change in your basic lifestyle patterns – ensuring you will emerge healthier in an all-round way from this disease.
• As the remedies are all natural, you will be free from the toxic side effects of powerful drugs used in conventional treatment, and also from the dangerous side effects of any related surgery, like invasive harm to vital internal organs.
Ayurvedic treatment is one of the best sorts there is for treating the common, but highly painful diseases of jaundice. With the application of a slew of natural herbs, juices of fruits, or infusions and mixtures, you stand a chance to be cured forever of this disease.