By Forest Gold, Ayurveda
Premature ejaculation is a condition which is characterized by uncontrolled ejaculation shortly after or before sexual penetration. It can happen with very little or no sexual arousal of the person. This emotionally affects people by making their self esteem drop and can also cause anxiety problems. Premature ejaculation is very common and also results in unsatisfactory sex.
What causes premature ejaculation?
The exact cause of premature ejaculation is not known. According to many doctors and researchers, it can occur if it has been a long time since a person last ejaculated. Factors like guilt, depression and anxiety can also cause premature ejaculation. In many cases it can be caused due to side effects of certain medications or hormonal problems. Erectile dysfunction can also cause premature ejaculation at times.
Symptoms of Premature Ejaculation:
- The inability to control ejaculation for more than a few seconds before or after penetration.
- Inability to hold ejaculation for a longer time even during other sexual situations like masturbation.
Ayurvedic Treatments to Control Premature Ejaculation:
According to Ayurveda, premature ejaculation is caused by aggravation of Vata (air) and Pitta Dosha at the commencement of physical mating. These doshas can be aggravated by anxiety or nervousness before the sexual act. Vata is characterized by its qualities of quickness and heightened sensitivity to the sense of touch. This gives a predisposition towards quicker ejaculation. Pitta plays a role in thinning of the semen, thereby supporting its early ejaculation. Secondly, these aggravated doshas cause hyperactivity of muscles in the male organ, thus increasing sensitivity to vibration and hence leading to early ejaculation.
Ayurvedic treatment of premature ejaculation is aimed at keeping the Vata and Pitta in balance by eating a balanced diet. Problems of stress and anxiety during sexual intercourse can be effectively dealt with rejuvenating herbs, yoga, meditation and counseling.
Ayurvedic Remedies for PE-
- Saffron-almond milk recipe: Soak 10 almonds overnight in water. On the next day, peel off the skin, and blend the almonds in a blender with 1 cup of cow hot milk (or crush them in hot cow milk) and add a little bit of saffron, ginger and cardamom to it. Drink this every morning.
- Green Onion Seeds: Add one teaspoon of green onion seeds into a glass of water and stirr thoroughly. Drink before every meal.
- Ashwagandha-Bala-Vidari: You will need to find these ayurvedic herbs, and then mix them in equal parts. When you have mixed them, take half a teaspoon and add it into a glass of warm goat milk, and drink this. You can often find goat milk in organic food stores.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Premature Ejaculation-
Medicinal prescriptions for PE are generally called Stambhaka. Among them are Ashwagandha Churna, Jatiphala (Myristica fragrans), Speman tablet (Himalaya Drugs,
Asparagus (safed musli), garlic and drumstick are the most commonly prescribed herbal remedies for PE in Ayurveda.
Ayurvedic Dietary Recommendations for Shukraghata Vata-
Eat plenty of:
- fresh fruits (especially banana)
- vegetables (especially fennel, celery and onions) and
Reduce or Avoid:
- denatured foods
- processed foods
- foods which contain high amounts of white sugar or white flour
Other Tips To Control PE-
- Ayurvedic practitioners also recommend restraint when it comes to sexual activities, and especially to masturbate less.
- It is necessary to communicate with your partner during sexual intercourse. Sometimes premature ejaculation can be caused due to nervousness during coitus.
- In most cases premature ejaculation can also be caused due to anxiety and depression. So, try to overcome stress related issues. Numbing creams like Emla and lidocaine can also be massaged on the genitals to control premature ejaculation.
- This is the most common and widely used technique for controlling premature ejaculation. Sex therapy can help you become more confident and give you more self esteem and pleasure during sexual intercourse.