By Dr. Jagdish Gupta, Homeopathy
Psychological trouble is on the rise today, and alternative means to treat it are what people are turning to when they look for longer lasting, complete cure. Homoeopathy is one such alternative school that people increasingly seem to prefer. Homoeopathy’s ways of identifying and treating mental illnesses are different from traditional methods. Homoeopathy treatment is custom made to an individual and is based on principles that differ from those conventional medication rests on.
There are a few core tenets homoeopathy is based on when it comes to treatment of mental disorders, most of which make it different from conventional treatment modes. They are-
• The body and mind are one - Homeopathy believes that the mind and body are too interconnected to be separable. It believes that physical and mental illnesses are not separate, but the symptoms of one may very well be indications of the other, or causal to the other. Therefore, the treatment course prescribed ensures the cure for both.
• Treatment should be tailored to a patient - Unlike conventional treatment methodologies, which provide generalized treatment for all patients with a particular disorder, homoeopathy takes into consideration the patient’s nuances when prescribing treatment. It takes into account the medical history of the patient, including past illnesses and medications are taken, and also the behavioural and mental peculiarities of her/him.
• The treatment of symptoms - Most treatment methods treat only the symptoms of a disease. Homoeopathy tries to holistically understand the causes of symptoms, and treat them in as much depth as possible. To do this, it treats symptoms of both physical and mental ailments at the same time.
Advantages of a homoeopathic treatment
Homoeopathy treatment benefits you in the following ways-
• The cure is tailored to a person’s biological needs, and hence has a higher chance of being more long-lasting, and the condition not relapsing. The lack of relapses saves the patient a second bout of medical expense and provides emotional security.
• There is less chance of mental patients being stigmatized as homoeopathy see mental health trouble as connected with physical problems and their mistreatment in some way, and not as an aberration.
• There is a good chance some other underlying physical problem will get treated, as homoeopathy believes in deep treatment and eradication of symptoms.
Homoeopathy is gaining ground as an alternative yet effective treatment for a whole host of mental disorders, and the popularity is well earned. By studying completely the medical past and present of the patient, it comes up with treatment bound to be very extremely effective.