By Dr. Suresh Raj C, Alternative Medicine
Breast Cancer is a stage where cells in the breast start growing uncontrollable. These unwanted growth cells form a tumour that can be seen in X-rays or felt as lumps. There are various types of Breast Cancer and it is based on cells in which one turns out to be cancer.
People mostly go for chemotherapy and radiation therapy to shrink the cancer. All of these processes may have side effects. But there are certain alternate ways, which can also be followed to cure the Cancer.
Many people use CAM (complementary and alternative medicine) to ease the side effects, help relieve the pain, and improve the quality of life.
Alternative Treatments for Breast Cancer
Here are some effective alternative ways to treat Breast Cancer:
● Maintaining a healthy diet is an important part of Cancer treatment. One should always eat well whether it’s the traditional method or CAM.
● People should avoid foods that are high in fat, smoked and even pickled.
● One should increase their input in fruits, vegetables, and plant-based foods.
● Antioxidants lower the risk by helping the body from radicals that harm cells and increase the risk of Cancer.
● Devour foods that are prosperous in antioxidants such as goji berries, wild blueberries, dark chocolate, kidney beans, etc.
● There are many antioxidant supplements available, but they may cause harm and have side effects. So, before consuming such supplements, consult the doctor.
Mind, Body, and Soul Therapies
● These practices are meant to improve one’s positive impact on the whole body.
● Some of the practices include art therapy, meditation, yoga, tai chi, and music therapy.
● Each therapy concentrates on the mind, body and soul using meditative skill and improves the quality of life.
● One of the 2003 studies found that massage therapy is very helpful for women who have Breast Cancer. It helps them relieve the pain and rejuvenates their body.
● If a person wants to add massage therapy in the routine, make sure he/she is doing it with a licensed practitioner who works around sensitive areas with traditional treatment.
● Acupuncture is an old practice, and it helps relieve the symptoms of Breast Cancer. ● It helps in relieving fatigue and also controlling hot flashes.
● In biofeedback, the person is hung up with electrical sensors that monitor minute changes in the body.
● Biofeedback is used to treat the side effects of chemotherapy.
● This method helps in gaining conscious power in such a manner that one can control actions that are autonomic (unconscious).
Make sure to consult doctors before beginning any of the alternative treatments. Doctors will tell whether or not the therapies will help in recovery, according to the Cancer stage. He will also tell about the safety of the CAM. Once the person has all the information then he/she can make a truly informed decision.