By Dr. Harshita Sethi, Ayurveda
When the fat accumulation within the human body goes above a certain limit (more than 30% fat in females and 25% in males), it is classified as a chronic disorder of obesity. Obesity can be measured by the level of Body Mass Index (B.M.I.). If your B.M.I. is above 30, you are suffering from obesity and it will bring along with a host of problems such as hypertension, high blood pressure, arterial blockage to name just a few.
The most common causes of obesity are:
- Leading a sedentary lifestyle.
- Suffering from depression and hypothyroidism.
- Excessive consumption of junk foods or foods containing saturated fat.
- Women suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome or who are around the age of attaining menopause are more likely to gain excessive body weight and thus become obese.
Obesity has taken almost epidemic proportions in the world and is a major health concerns for which alternative forms medicine such as Ayurveda is gaining immense popularity.
The Ayurveda Approach to Obesity-
According to Ayurvedic scriptures, obesity occurs when there is a severe imbalance in the Vata, Kapha and pitta systems. Cow urine therapy can be very effective to balance the Vata and pitta levels of your body because of its bitter and pungent qualities. As redundant that might sound, this therapy can actually cure obesity because of the following reasons:
- Cow urine contains an effective amount of the Vitamins A, B, D, and E which are attributed to the reduction of body weight. Besides Cow urine is also a rich source of minerals like creatinine, sodium, potassium etc. and crucial digestive enzymes. A regulated dosage of 3 to 4 drops of distilled cow urine can help in subsequent loss of appetite and punctuate weight loss.
- The cow urine consists of 3 primary components: Urea, Uric acid (containing rich anti-bacterial properties) and undigested minerals. Thereby, a regulated dosage of cow urine for 3-4 months combined with necessary vitamin-containing foods can work wonders to cure obesity.
- Cow urine also helps to cleanse toxins from the body and aims at rejuvenation of the body cells. A regulated mixture of obesity-controlling herbs and cow urine can help in the overall improvement of the human immune system and can provide suitable prevention from heart attacks, tumors, liver problems or other heart diseases.
Precautions To Take With Cow Urine:
- Cow urine may be infected, in case the cow is infected.
- It is not advisable to store raw cow urine for more than an hour.
- It can be used for long time of 3 -4 months, in the treatment of obesity, chronic inflammatory conditions etc.