By Tender Skin International, Dermatology
Sun exposure, dirt, stress and age, all make your skin dull and dry, which are often accompanied by partial (whiteheads) or impartial (blackheads) clogging of pores.
Facials are a cohesive skin treatment that comprise of steam, exfoliation, creams, extraction, peels, masks and massages. The entire process pampers your skin and relaxes you. However, a lot of people shun facials, citing reasons that they are unnecessary and can be done without.
But Do They Really Help? Let’s find the answer-
Now that is the million dollar question, isn’t it?! Everyone you ask has a different opinion, but in general it can be safe to say that facials offer temporary relief. By cleaning up your skin, they make you feel better, relaxed and refreshed due to many wonderful smelling creams and ointments they apply. Besides, there’s also the psychological benefit you get from having spent a good amount on yourself.
The fact is that facials make you feel great for the first few days, but do not really have any lasting benefit.
When we say this, we do not mean chemical facials like microdermabrasion or glycolic peels, but the regular ones you get done at your spa or salon. In contrast, chemical facials are designed for long-lasting beauty. So while they may not leave you feeling great immediately after and your skin may not look as rosy and supple as when you get a natural facial done, the effects will show in a couple of days when the dead skin and acne has finally cleared.
Let’s learn more about chemical facials which provide long lasting effects – a cleaned, glowing and healthy skin-
- Peels: Peels are prepared from natural sources like fruits, vegetables. Extracts are taken from them to make it in acidic base hence its termed as chemical peels. Peels help in removing dead skin, reducing fine line , wrinkles, pigmentation, acne , hydration and to rejuvenate the skin
- Microdermabrasion: Medical exfoliation to minimize fine lines, pores, scars, discoloration, sun damage and more Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive procedure that removes the outer, dead layers of the skin, stimulates cell turnover and collagen growth. A facial is included with this procedure to maximize results. You will see and feel immediate improvement in the look and texture of your skin.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: It is a procedure done only by dermatologists. The treatment helps rejuvenate the skin and reduce the effects of the sun, aging, and some facial skin disorders. Treatments are safe, effective, and convenient. It removes damaged outer layers of skin and stimulates the production of collagen and new skin cells in the underlying layers, bringing about smoother, younger, healthier-looking skin.
- IPL Photofacial/Fotofacial: IPL photorejuvenation is the latest in modern dermatology, allowing patients to transform red, blotchy skin into a radiant complexion. If you suffer from any of these problems, photofacial/fotofacial treatments may be the dermatological approach you have been looking for.
- Medifacials: Medi facials are treatments done with the help of machine that penetrate different serums having various vitamins & nutrients into the skin. Providing your skin to glow & lighten pigments naturally & in a more healthier way.
After receiving a laser treatment facial, your skin will be in need of lots of rest and relaxation. The skin may look and feel raw, itchy, and sore. Crusts may form on the skin during the healing process. It’s important not to pick at the skin during this time because it could cause scarring. An ointment may be provided by your dermatologist.
So, yes facials are a necessity if you want a younger looking skin – be it for temporary time period or for permanent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.