By Dr. Kankan Sengupta, Homeopathy
If a woman is unable to get pregnant even after a significant duration of frequent and unprotected sex with a male partner, the condition is referred to as infertility. The male, female or sometimes both the partners can be responsible for this condition. Infertility may result in significant problems in the mental and emotional state of the concerned individuals.
Infertility can occur due to the following reasons:
Within the male partner – Infertility is caused due to testicular injury, premature ejaculation, ill-shaped testis, sexually transmitted infections, low sperm count, ejaculatory duct being blocked and erectile problems.
Within the female partner – Infertility might occur as a result of abnormal menstrual periods, uterus being structurally deformed, pelvic inflammatory disorders like gonorrhea and chlamydia, thyroid gland disorders, polycystic ovarian syndrome or blockages of the fallopian tube.
Infertility is caused due to problems with both partners – The reasons could include obesity, excessive consumption of alcohol, aging, diabetes, blood pressure or as side effect of radiation or chemo therapy and medications which may be used to treat other disorders.
Homeopathy and Infertility-
Homeopathic treatment of infertility is mainly achieved through the administration of constitutional homeopathic medicines found most suitable after a detailed case analysis. A detailed case analysis includes the general physical and mental constitutional make-up of the patient plus the symptoms in the sexual sphere and the underlying cause that is hindering the fertility process and needs to be corrected. Homeopathic medicines for infertility are natural medicines that help by raising the patient’s immunity to remove the obstruction that is hindering the process of fertility in a couple. Homeopathic medicines for infertility are non-toxic and carry no risk of side-effects.
As it is a holistic form of medication, Homeopathy can actually be extremely beneficial and effective in curing infertility as the medications are non-toxic in nature and do not possess any side effects. Some of the most effective homeopathic cures for infertility in general are mentioned as follows:
- Conium: This homeopathic preparation is useful as a cure for infertility within the male partner where symptoms such enlarged and puffy testicles along with a subdued sexual urge are displayed.
- Sepia: This homeopathic preparation is useful to cure infertility in women with the symptoms such as a lack of sexual appetite and severe vaginal pain during sex.
- Natrum Phosphoricum: Very effective in treating infertility within the female partner who displays symptoms where a creamy, pungent, honey-coloured acidic discharge which kills the sperm when it enters the vagina.
- Aurum Metallicum: Useful in treating infertility where the symptoms include severe pain and enlargement of the testicles, uterine prolapse, significant rise in the blood pressure level and depression.
- Phosphorus : This homeopathic preparation is recommended when infertility is caused due to severe anxiety and uterine polyps.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines in infertility. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.