By Dr. Priyanka Basu, Dentistry
Dental veneers are a great way to enhance the beauty of your teeth. It is a kind of a “cosmetic shield” which helps define the shape of your teeth and is a good alternative for irregular teeth. Veneers can be made of porcelain materials and are customized according to the tooth of each patient. Porcelain veneers are more resistant to coffee and tea stains.
Dental veneers correct uneven teeth and also fill the gap between your teeth; you will be amazed to notice the differences brought on by dental veneers.
Types of Dental Veneers-
1. Porcelain Veneers: This type of veneer is known for its durability and ability to reflect light. Porcelain veneers are the most preferred kind of veneers because they are akin to your natural teeth and give you a natural looking beautiful smile. It takes at least two visits to get a dental veneer of this kind.
2. Composite Veneers: This type of veneer can be shaped directly inside your mouth, according to the shape of your teeth. However, one downside is that composite veneers don’t last long and may need to be replaced frequently.
How to take care of your veneers?
You can take care of your veneers in the following ways:
1) Avoid biting into hard foods using your front teeth.
2) Going for regular dental checkups.
3) Avoid using your teeth to open any hard non -food substance.
Veneers make your discoloured or broken teeth appear shiny and even. Besides giving you a beautiful smile and a more confident persona, they protect the teeth from sensitivity.