By Dr. Dinesh Kumar, Ayurveda
Premature ejaculation (PE) is defined as the uncontrolled ejaculation which happens either before or shortly post sexual penetration. This usually happens without any sexual stimulation and leads to unsatisfactory results for both the partners. Premature ejaculation might affect a man’s confidence and lead to anxiety and stress.
Erectile dysfunction (ED) refers to the inability to maintain an erection required for the sexual needs of a man or his partner. This is often termed as impotence.
Both Premature Ejaculation and Erectile Dysfunction are common forms of male sexual dysfunction and can affect any man at any point in his life.
1. Lifestyle changes include abstinence from alcohol and smoking. Regular exercises and yoga should be done. Deep breathing exercises also help.
2. Diet modification by avoiding fried, junk, processed, canned and denatured foods. Cereals, eggs, blueberries, bananas, onions, celery, ginger, lettuce, honey and milk should be included in diet. Blueberries and cereals help in the blood circulation of the genital area thus maintain an erection.
Ayurvedic treatment for Premature Ejaculation
1. Dinacharya / Ratricharya – This is the systematic following of the day to day routine. It includes the sleep pattern, quality and quantity of food, exercise, sex, brushing and the many do’s and don’ts to be followed.
2. Ritucharya – This is basically the systematic seasonal protocol, which should be followed.
3. Sadvritta and Sadachara – This practice enables to have a circle of goodness and also following the practice of good deeds.
4. Achara Rasayana – A behaviour and conduct should be followed which benefits if Rasayana in the form of rejuvenators, anti-ageing medicines and immune modulators are taken.
5. Vega Dharana and Vega udeerna should be avoided – Natural reflexes like urination, defecation, sneeze, hunger, thirst, sleep, sex, crying should be avoided. Also, anxiety, anger, stress, jealousy, hatred should be avoided.
6. Ayurvedic management especially Rasayana and vajikaran are popular all over the globe.
Ayurvedic treatment of Erectile Dysfunction
1. Vajikarana therapy – This herbal therapy leads to strength, potency, increased time of erection and happiness. This therapy can only be administered in a person who exhibits self-control and is between 18-70 years old.
Other than the specific ayurvedic remedies mentioned, these should also be done:
- Massaging of the body especially the genital areas with herbal oils acts as an aphrodisiac.
- Yoga and meditation help to overcome stress and exertion.
- Herbal supplements should be taken to rejuvenate the reproductive organ.
- A sound sleep of minimum 8 hours a day.
- Natural Urges should not be avoided.
- Ghee should be added in the diet.
Ayurvedic management especially Rasayana and vajikaran are popular all over the globe.