By Dr. Sanjay Joshi, Ayurveda
Taking care of your skin helps you to avoid any sort of skin infection and allergy that might happen due to exposure to environmental dust and toxins in the atmosphere. You can always find a lot of products in the market which preaches of providing better skin care and curing your skin problems. These products are synthesized using chemicals and can cause various allergic reactions on your skin in the long run.
Using Ayurvedic techniques, on the other hand, can always help you out with your skin care problems. It brings along a plethora of remedies which are primarily herbal in nature. These techniques can help you with a number of skin disorders such as acne, dark circles, wrinkles, etc.
4 Ayurvedic skin care tips are:
1. You can always increase the glow of your skin by cleaning your skin and pores with raw milk. Raw milk can be quite useful in removing dirt and impurities which are present in your skin which soap can’t remove. It also adds a subtle glow to your skin; thereby acting as a moisturizer. You can even add some lemon juice for added benefits.
2. You can also try applying some fresh orange juice on your face when you wake up. It is rich in vitamin C which helps your body to fight ageing and acts as a good toner for your skin, especially if your skin is oily.
3. You can try several face packs made of ayurvedic substances such as sandalwood, aloe vera, and even potato. Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties which can help reduce the inflammation and redness around your pimples or acne.
4. You can rub your skin with a slice of potato. It helps to reduce the pigmentation of your skin.
5. You can also use lime, cucumber or onion juice as an alternative to reduce your pigmentation.