By Dr. Sumit Dhawan, Homeopathy
Psoriasis is an autoimmune skin disease. Psoriasis causes skin cells to multiply rapidly. It multiplies 1000 times the usual speed. As the skin cell formation increases, the cells that are young keep getting shoved on to the skin’s surface. They form dandruff-like, white and large flaky skin cells. There is skin inflammation and it itches. The itching is extremely troublesome. People who suffer from psoriasis sometimes scratch themselves raw and bloody.
Here are five best homeopathic remedies for psoriasis-
1. Graphites - Graphites is one of the best psoriasis remedies in homeopathy. It is best for treating constipation that sometimes accompanies psoriasis.
2. Mezereum - If the psoriasis is on the scalp or head, Mezereum works the best.
3. Arsenic Iodatum - If the psoriasis patches on the skin are of different colors, and the skin is dry, itchy and scaly, Ars-iod is the best remedy.
4. Sepia - Sepia is beneficial if the skin emits any foul odor.
5. Thyroidinum - Obesity is a complementary symptom of psoriasis. Thyroidinum is beneficial in this case.