By Dr. Aman Ahuja, Dentistry
Gone are the days when braces were only for children and teenagers. Today, adults don’t need to shy away from wearing braces just because it will look unattractive. It is time to not put them off. Here are the reasons to tell you why you should flaunt the braces:
- Your smile is more important: A beautiful smile can change your life. It creates a positive impact on your life. People around you get influenced by your positive and attractive smile. But, if you cover your mouth just to hide your teeth while smiling, it will hamper your life. Therefore, straighten your teeth and get back your confidence. A dental implant is of no use unless you straighten all the teeth using a brace.
- Wearing a brace can keep you away from other dental issues: Misaligned teeth can cause various dental disorders or issues. If the teeth are not aligned properly, food particles can get accumulated on the surface of the teeth, forming dental plaque. This, in turn, can give birth to a number of dental diseases or disorders.
- Braces prevent you from other diseases: Improper alignment of teeth will not allow you to chew your food properly. This, in turn, may cause several gastrointestinal problems.
Today, braces have evolved. They no longer look very ugly or unattractive. You will not suffer from the embarrassment of having metal braces. Nowadays, ceramic braces are available in the markets. These are translucent in nature. Besides, a new age teeth cover called Invisalign is available. These are made up of clear plastic. An individual wears them over the teeth. So, you will not have to look unattractive with the metal wire.
Advantages of Ceramic Braces -
- They are less painful and cause no irritation to the gums. They are friendlier to the gums than the old metal ones.
- Ceramic braces are translucent in nature. They have white or tooth-coloured brackets which look better than metal wires.
- They are durable and stronger. They can break only if they are abused or misused.
Sapphire Braces -
Nowadays, you get clear braces in the markets. These are known as Saphire Braces. They are expensive than the metal ones. But, they are stronger and the greatest advantage of wearing a sapphire brace is that you don’t develop stains on them easily.
Cost of Braces -
The cost of adult braces depends upon the nature of the brace you are choosing. Metal wires are cheaper. Ceramic and clear braces are costlier. Metal braces are available from INR 30,000 to 40,000 in the markets. Other braces look better but are costlier.
When to take braces?
In order to know whether or not you require a brace, you must consult a dentist first.