By Dr. Nidhi Pandya, Homeopathy
Being overweight may lead to a number of health complications, such as increasing your chances of heart disorders and diabetes. It is recommended to reevaluate your diet to see what foods are contributing to your weight gain. There are various homeopathic remedies that aid in weight loss, which if combined with a balanced diet and exercise is more effective in helping you to lose weight.
A homeopathic practitioner will undertake a full medical evaluation that consists of your medical history and lifestyle. After the medical evaluation, a treatment will be prescribed. The usual causes of weight gain are sedentary lifestyle, stomach disorders and depression.
The various homeopathic remedies for weight loss are –
1. Natrum Mur:
This treatment is recommended when there is accumulation of fat in the lower body. It is recommended in cases where weight gain is linked to stress and depression.
In addition to being an effective remedy for fat loss, it also aids in relieving symptoms of indigestion and flatulence. It also reduces craving for sweet foods.
3. Nux Vomica:
It is recommended in cases of weight gain that has resulted from a sedentary lifestyle. It helps in easing symptoms of constipation and facilitates easy movement of stool.
4. Antimonium Crudum:
This remedy is prescribed for children who have weight problems. It also helps in treating symptoms of irritability. This also helps in treating cravings for foods like pickle which are acidic in nature.
Homeopathy also suggests to follow some dietary guidelines to lose some extra kilos. Here are some of the foods that you can include in your diet to execute your task:
- Moong dal: It is every Indian’s favourite whichever class he/she belongs to. This dal is full of Vitamin A, B, C and E and many minerals, such as calcium, iron and potassium. It is often advised by dieticians to replace fatty foods with Moon dal as it is a weight loss food that is rich in proteins and fibre, so one feels fuller after having a bowl of dal for a long time and curbs your cravings. Along with weight loss, moon dal it also benefits the metabolism, immune system and protects against fatal diseases.
- Spinach: This green veggie is rich in fiber, water, antioxidants, vitamins K and A, and minerals like magnesium, potassium, and iron. All this just in 10 calories per cup of this amazing weight loss food! One bowl of spinach will make you feel fuller and stab your food craving in your stomach itself.
- Apples: Apple is one of the best weight loss foods, having this great fruit a day not only keeps the doctor away but also makes you skinnier. With 4 gms of fiber in a medium apple, they can make you feel fuller for a longer time as the fiber take time to break down. Apples are a sweet and crunchy snack full of all sorts of nutritional goodness.
- Radish: Like other types of vegetables, cooked radish contains approximately 3 grams of fiber per half cup to help you stay full and satisfied. Radish are considered as starchy vegetables, so it is recommended to be eaten in place of rice, bread or other starchy foods. They work best as weight loss foods.
- Tomatoes: This weight loss food boosts your energy, stabilizes your blood sugar levels, controls your appetite, detoxifies your body and reduces cholesterol. Tomatoes are also low in calories, a plus for any dieter.
Excessive weight can lead to several health complications. Some of them include:
- Increases your blood sugar level
- Increases your blood pressure
- Puts your heart at risk
- Increases male hormones
- Driggers diabetes
- Ruins your sleep