By Dr. Surjeet Kaur Bava, Trichology
Our ancient Ayurveda Science and Sages have been always given 1st preference to maintenance of health. In present era WHO (World Health Organization) and the world has accepted the vision of Ayurveda – i. e. who are healthy should maintain their health, secondary who are sick treat them. In Ayurveda Science different varieties of Food (Annapan), Medicines (Aushadha) and Procedures (Prakriya) are mentioned to maintain a healthy status of life and for long life span.
Oja-Bal-Immunity and Ayurveda
Thousands of years ago the Ayurveda Science gave a deep knowledge of Rog Pratikar Shakti (Immunity) and explained it in detail. During elaborating Ojas has explained 3 different types of Rog Pratikar Shakti
Immunity Power which is as per below.
- Vyadhibal virodhitva
Child Immunization and Ayurveda
- In the present era, we are providing different-different vaccines for different diseases, but Ayurveda Science deals with the complete immune system development through single (Vaccine) which can help your child to fight against all diseases as well promotes growth rate too. That procedure is known as Shuvarnprashan – Jaatkarma Sanskar.
- Jatakarma Samskara (newborn care) is told as a purification procedure, in which soon after cutting the umbilical cord the baby is made to lick the mixture of gold, honey, and ghee by chanting Mantra (spiritual hymns)
In Jatakarma Samskara
- Acharya Sushruta cites the administration of Swarna along with honey and ghee in one among the procedures of Jatakarma Samskara that is, as a single dose at the time of birth in the procedure of newborn care. He provided the rationale behind this practice that there will be no adequate secretion of breast milk for the first 4 days after delivery and so as to support the baby with respect to a preventive and nutritive aspect, such practices are indispensable. Acharya Vagbhata advises to give a combination of herbal drugs in a specific shaped spoon as that of the leaf of a holy banyan tree, made up of gold to the newborn for increasing Medha (intellect). Administration of Swarna along with other herbs is also mentioned by Acharya Vagbhata in Jatakarma Samskara.
Benefits of Shuvarnprashan
- No neurological side effects
- Increases immunity
- Increases intelligence
- Prevents common recurrent infections, asthma and other allergic conditions
- Improves memory, attention span, concentration & learning ability
- Reduces temper tantrums, attention deficits, bed-wetting & other neuro-psychosomatic problems.
- Improves speech, hearing & visual acuity
- Helps to maintain health in children
- Improves your metabolic and digestive capabilities
- It improves your physical strength
- It helps in eliminating harmful planetary effects