By Dr. Mayur Surana, Ayurveda
Hair fall and baldness are common problems with advancing age. Young people may also lose hair due to hormonal disorders, protein deficiency or prolonged exposure to pollution. Instead of going for complicated chemical treatments you can try traditional and natural remedies.
Ayurvedic remedies do not have any side effects and that is why people often prefer them over other types of treatment.
Some Ayurvedic tips for hair growth are as follows:
1. Methi: Methi is an excellent herb for hair growth. You can dissolve some methi powder in water and apply it on your hair. Wash your hair with cold water after 20 minutes.
2. Bhringaraj: Bhringaraj is considered to be the king of herbs for treating hair related problems. Make a paste out of its leaves, apply it on your scalp and wash it off after 20 minutes.
3. Amla: Amla is rich in Vitamin C. It helps to strengthen the roots of hair. You can simply dry some amla and convert it into powder. Mix this powdered amla with water, apply it on your head and wash your hair after half an hour. Amla also helps to make your hair darker and thicker.
4. Jatamansi: Jatamansi is an excellent herb to treat hair fall. You can either apply it directly on your scalp or you can take capsules made from the herb.
5. Hot Oil Massage: You can take coconut or almond oil and warm it a little. Use it to massage your scalp for some time. This helps to rejuvenate your hair follicles. This also results in better circulation of blood at the roots.
6. Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is an anti-oxidant herb that helps in removing toxins from the body and promotes hair growth.
Apart from these herbs and natural ingredients you can also follow some of these tips:
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Avoid combing your hair when it is wet.
3. Good sleep is necessary for healthy hair growth.