By Dr. G.R. Agrawal, Homeopathy
If you’re suffering from a stiff neck and shoulders and are above the age of forty, it is a cause for concern. This pain may extend to your arms, fingers and even your head, thus leading to a medical condition called Cervical Spondylosis.
What is Cervical Spondylosis?
It is the medical term for wear and tear that occurs in the neck region, due to aging. This condition is one of the most common ones of the cervical spine. There are discs between the vertebras that with age, become degenerated and stiff. This leads to nerve compression and pressure leading to cervical spondylosis. Bony outgrowths called osteophytes have also been known to grow on the vertebrae, thus adding to the pain and discomfort.
1. Bad Posture: We often spend hours in front of the TV or the computer, straining our necks without much movement. This leads to it becoming stiff gradually.
2. Occupational Hazards: There may be certain occupations that place undue strain and pressure on your cervical region.
3. Body Type: Those who are overweight tend to be more susceptible to pain in the cervical area
4. Past neck surgery or injury
6. Severe osteoarthritis
1. Pain and stiffness in the neck area
2. Frequent loss of balance and vertigo
3. Progressive pain where it spreads from the neck to the back of the head, leading to headaches
Homeopathic Treatment for Cervical Spondylosis:
Homeopathic treatment for cervical spondylosis can be customized and also helps to slow the advance of the disease. It is quite effective and safe in its treatment that includes several different options for the extent of the condition. It depends on the status of degeneration of the bones and the discs. Being a symptom-based system of medicine; different medicines are given for each different symptom. Some of the excellent options include Rhux Tox, Lachnanthes and Guaicum.